Sunday, June 10, 2007

BUMMER

Yesterday, I saw a couple of the most picturesque sights I've seen in a long time, and...you guessed it, we didn't remember the camera!!! I mean, these were postcard views. First, we went up to Woodland Park and went bike riding; after which, I have come to the conclusion that I like "in town" bike paths...not "mountain" trails. The hills are killers to me...I'm becoming rather wimpy, I think. After our ride, we drove down to Manitou Lake in Pike National Forest. WOW...it was magnificent...we walked around the lake...forests and Pikes' Peak (with snow still atop) in the background. Everything is so green this year...it's pristine. Then, we drove over to see the "burn area" from the expansive forest fire we had a few years ago. How sad to see mile after mile of burned trees, but, there is a healthy new undergrowth sprouting up, which is encouraging. Following that, we went to Rampart Reservoir...again...breath-taking views. Wish I could post them!! Lesson learned: bloggers should never leave the house w/o their cameras! We found a fun little European restaurant in Manitou Springs to have dinner. It seems lately, we always end up in Manitou...it's becoming one of our favorite hang outs. Never realized the intricacies of that town.

No comments: