Tuesday, December 14, 2010
CELEBRATING 90
We had a great time celebrating Dad's 90th birthday. We
totally surprised him with Jim coming from Atlanta to join
in the festivities. I knocked on Dad's door, he opened, and I
told him I had one of his birthday presents down in the car,
and I would go retrieve it. When I returned, I said, "Here
is your present", and Jim walked in. Dad was shocked, and
tears flowed (happy ones), and hugs followed. That was
Friday morning. We spent that day at our house, looking
through boxes of old pictures...WWII, old girlfriends, grandparents
and great-grandparents, etc. Jim and I were blessed to hear
many stories.
On Saturday, we went to the Denver Art Museum to see
the King Tut exhibition. It was very well done, with a 3-D
movie and audio narration by Harrison Ford.
We had lunch at an English Pub...good hamburgers are
hard to come by at the retirement home, so Dad devoured
his burger.
Dad, explaining one of his creations. More posts to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
From talking to Grandpa, he had a great time with his kids!! Such a special time I'm sure for you and Uncle Jim with Grandpa. Wish we could have been there to celebrate too!
I'm so glad you guys celebrated in this way! So special, and I'm sure he enjoyed reminiscing. Love you!
Post a Comment