Saturday, April 16, 2011
APRIL 16, 2011
I took the day off work today. It's a day I have been looking forward to for some time, now, and I wanted to make sure I would be well rested. Since there will be no photography allowed tonight, I'll share with you our tickets instead. Yes, I get to see one of my heroes tonight. I'm about half-way through reading his book, Decision Points, and am thoroughly enjoying it. I've been in his presence two other times: once, at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington D.C. (where we sat so far away, he looked 2 inches tall); and, at the Air Force graduation, where he shook every single new officer's hand and made comments to most all. I'm excited...and, hoping he will look taller tonight.
Since I had the day off, and the weather was beautiful, we decided to usher in the 2011 hiking season, with a trek on the Intemann trail , in Manitou Springs. On our way to the trail, we saw this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! Can't wait to hear about it!!
Post a Comment