Tuesday, July 24, 2007
A NOT SO WONDERFUL BIKE RIDE
So...last night, we decided we would go for an early morning bike ride upon arising. Got up around 6:00, and I was so proud of myself that I was ready to roll in about 15 minutes (including taking my vitamins and making the bed!). Well, the plan wasn't quite as expected. Jack realized while he was loading up the bikes that his bike had a flat tire. So, we stopped at Wal-Mart, got a patch, patched the tire...ready to go again. We did the Santa Fe trail north. Just as we decided to come back, somewhere on the Air Force Academy grounds...Jack realized that his tire was going flat again...so he told me he was going to ride as fast as he could to cover as much ground as possible, b/4 it went totally flat. I actually kept up with him, but, at a certain point, he had to get off the bike and walk it. Also, along the way his chain popped off and needed repair. Oh well...we got exercise, fresh air, and a memory. From now on, we'll be carrying a tire repair kit. I forgot the camera this morning, so no pics of our not so wonderful experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment