Wednesday, February 28, 2007

it's done!

It's over...I actually consented to a stranger "cutting a flap" in my eye! Talk about trust. My vision is a bit blurry this morning, but I was warned that this is normal. I can, however, read without a contact or glasses. Thanks to Noelle's pep talk the night before, along with prayer, I was fairly calm. And, the valium, though they gave me 1/2 the dosage, ("because you're not very big") worked wonders. And, the warm blanket was heavenly. I had wild rice for lunch after we got home (made that morning), then slept for about 4 hours. Got up, ate a grilled hamburger that my husband grilled while I was sleeping, and LISTENED to American Idol, opening my left eye every so often to see what they looked like. Then went to bed again and slept through the night. I was a little aprehensive to take the shield and tape off this morning, but am pleased that I can see...and read! I have my "day after" Dr. appt. in an hour.

1 comment:

Corneliu and Natalie Muresan said...

I knew that you coulde do it mom! So glad that the outcome is good and that you can see.