Friday, February 16, 2007

my favorite things

"Good Morning America" has been doing a "my favorite things" spot, featuring favorite things of their journalists. It's made me think about my favorite things. So, in a tribute to "Sound of Music" and Julie Andrews...these are a few of my favorite things: 1. My Bible...what would I do without it? We were talking in our small group last night about how when David wrote all the superlatives about God's word in Psalm 19:7-11, he only had the first few books of the Bible! My goodness, Leviticus was 1/5 of what he was extolling as "reviving, giving joy, radiant". 2. My husband...he loves me all the time, likes me most of the time, and serves me and spoils me regularly. 3. My children...I love them so deeply, they don't understand fully...and won't...until they have children of their own. When I say children, it most definitely includes their spouses. 4. Joey...unconditional, purring affection 5. Starting Point...not the materials only...but the changes I've seen in people's lives as a result 6. A fine dinner...love good food, good wine, good conversation 7. Travel...such fond memories of all the places we've seen...and, a thirst to see more 8. Sports...but, only certain ones: basketball, soccer, baseball, hockey...to watch, not to play 9.People who make me laugh: George Clooney, Hugh Grant, Jerry Seinfeld, Brian Regan, Jack, and Johnny 10.Good friends and relatives 11.A charmed life...I've had one

No comments: