Thursday, October 15, 2009
LIKE A SPONGE...
... is the description I've been using lately for Cassandra. It's so entertaining playing with her, because she is learning words, songs, etc. so quickly. She, Natalie, and I have been going to "toddler time" at the library. She sits and watches everything so intently...then, we go home and do things like "heads, shoulders, knees, and toes, knees and toes"...she gets it. And, the song "Milkshake", where the kids all get to pick an instrument and play along. She's not doing it at the library quite yet, but she'll do it when we get home. One of these Wednesdays, I know she's going to be confident enough to break out when we are actually at "toddler time". There are new things she's doing every time I'm with her. Last night, she started to put puzzle pieces INTO the puzzle, instead of taking them out. And, she began building with her blocks. When I said, "would you like to put on a new outfit?" (Yia-Yia always has "stock" in her closet), she headed right for my bedroom...and the closet. And, the words are coming, too...she's imitating lots of words...one of her new (as of the last month or so) is "Pa-Pa"...melts her pa-pa's heart, for sure.
Moments of precious-ness last night... Cornel & Natalie were both at meetings, so I was to put Cassandra to bed at our house. She slept for about an hour, then woke up crying. After a few minutes, I went down to get her (because they would be picking her up soon, anyway). I sat down with her on the sofa, and she fell asleep in my arms for about 25 special, precious minutes...minutes I wanted to freeze and never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so sweet and special you get that time with her :)
Post a Comment