Friday, July 29, 2011

CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN ZOO

Cassandra & I went to the zoo on Wednesday. We arrived early enough to beat the crowd. And...many of the animals were still awake!! We rode the tram up to the top (our zoo is built right into the mountain), and walked down, seeing the animals along the way. Cassandra was a trooper...I didn't even bring the stroller. What a fantastic morning!! The grizzly bears put on a show for us:
It's a little scary to think these guys roam through our yard.
We've seen the signs....
This moose was as comfortable in the shade as can be.
And, he had come turkey visitors. I was complimented
on my "gobble, gobble, gobble" imitation by a lady standing
nearby. :-) We have wild turkeys roam through our yard
occasionally, too.
Looks comfortable
Feeding the turtle
Cassandra almost walked right up to this peacock, but I
called her back...don't know if they bite or not....
She wanted her picture with the statue instea of the
real ones. :-)

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Looks like fun! Half those animals I've never even seen at that zoo! I think there's a whole section we've never even made it to. Impressive you did it without a stroller too!