Monday, November 2, 2009

A.I...HOW COULD YOU LET ME DOWN????

Okay...so, I look really happy here, outside the Pepsi Center, eager to see my favorite pro-basketball play since MJ. Allen Iverson USED to play with the Nuggets, and we foolishly never went to a game while he was there...naively thinking he would stay, I guess. But, in pro sports, they rarely stay long term. SO...this year, my thoughtful husband decided we would just go to a Nuggets game when they played the Grizzlies, for whom A.I. now plays. Great idea! Except, my dear "friend" Allen injured his hamstring and WAS NOT THERE! The nerve, to let one of his fans down like that. It took me half the game to let it go and decide to enjoy the game anyway.
So, I'm still smiling here...that's because it's the second half of the game. :-)

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Glad you were able to enjoy the game anyway...well, at least the second half. :-) And that was VERY thoughtful of Dad!!

Harvey Globetrotters said...

Didn't he know you were coming?

Bonnie said...

Evidently not! We saw in the paper that he played the next night.

Harvey Globetrotters said...

oh bummer!