Saturday, March 22, 2008

T'WAS THE DAY BEFORE EASTER...

and...it's SNOWING! Yes, again. I tried so hard to resist getting a new Easter outfit...but, it's in my blood. I always get something new for Easter...for at least 30 years now...after all, it's my favorite holiday. So, yesterday...(you can tell I was trying not to, because it's usually purchased way in advance) I bought a new skirt, top, and toe-less shoes. I painted my toe nails, smeared self-tanner on my legs, and began the preparation. Trying to be hopeful...trying to be optimistic... Today, I'm thinking I'll have to wear my long, black, wool coat over my cute new outfit just to keep from shivering...maybe, hat, gloves, and boots, too. Not only did I do this for myself, but true to a promise I made to my girls long ago, I bought an adorable little Easter dress for Cassandra. :-) ...which will be under her snow suit, I'm sure. I've heard it said that God has a sense of humor. Ha-Ha on me. Do you think maybe God is trying to teach me something here? Something about dwelling on the REAL meaning of Easter instead of all this superficial stuff??

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Ha! I think that and that moving to Phoenix for half of the year would be a GREAT decision! :-)

Bonnie said...

Do you have room?????!!!!

Harvey Globetrotters said...

I want to see a picture of you and Cassandra in your easter outfits:)