Sunday, September 2, 2007

BRUSH WITH DEATH...CONTINUED

THE PUNCH BOWLS...COOL Difficult, but still okay... SO, we decided to take a "short-cut" back, and it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life! I was almost hyperventilating, sweating, and cried at least two times on the way up this boulder field. I think it was about a mile...straight up....holding onto these pieces of rock (some of which were not anchored steadily). Jack kept trying to reassure me that we would make it all the way up, but I was sure we were going to meet our creator face to face today! This picture doesn't show at all how harrowing it was! It almost makes it look fun. Oh, yeah, I was also shaking.

When we finally reached the top, all I could do was sit down and cry. I think the folks at Glen Eyrie were serious when they posted this trail "difficult". Jack thought they were just being overly cautious. Ha! I will stick with "easy" from now on!

No comments: